What You Need To Start
To start building your HTML5 & CSS3 website, you're going to need a few things:
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 or higher (free trial version here)
- A code editor
- A very basic understanding of HTML (and/or HTML5)
- A very basic understanding of CSS (and/or CSS3)
- A web browser
- Bonus (not required)
- Slicy — Automates the Photoshop "slicing" process, if you are looking for a quick way to slice up your Photoshop Mockups, Slicywill help immensely.
You will also need the Photoshop Mockup in order to follow along. The PSD file is attached to this lecture, go ahead and download the PSD and save it on your Desktop (or somewhere easy to find).
* It's good to note that if you will be using TextWrangler as your code editor of choice during this course, there are differences in the User Interface from the code editor I will be using, which is Coda 2. Should you find yourself confused at any point, or afraid you're missing something because of the differences in our code editors, don't panic! Just pause the video, and ask a question in the Questions Section of that lecture, and I will do my absolute best to answer your question within a reasonable amount of time—if not immediately.