- 👨💻 Updated for 2021 and Beyond
- 🤝 Learn to Code Custom WordPress Themes
- 💪 Bootstrap, Elementor, Plugins, Oh My!
Learn to build Custom WordPress Themes
with Brad Hussey, online web design instructor with more than 600,000 students.
What you'll learn
- Learn how to install WordPress on your Mac, PC or Linux in less than 2 minutes using Local by Flywheel
- Build a beautiful, modern and responsive WordPress theme using Bootstrap, the most popular web design framework
- Have the skills to start making money on the side, as a casual freelancer, or full time as a work-from-home freelancer
- Easily create dynamic templates for Pages, Posts and other widely used WordPress templates
- Learn how to integrate Gutenberg and Elementor in your theme, so you can drag & drop an unlimited number of layouts!
- Learn how to code your own custom designed widgets in Elementor
- Build a WordPress theme that can be translated into multiple languages!
- Code a beautiful blog layout that can be easily managed in the WordPress dashboard
- Create a beautiful HTML & CSS website with Bootstrap (that doesn't look like generic Bootstrap websites!)
- Build custom dynamic multi-level menus and navigation bars that work seamlessly on any screen size
- Convert any static HTML & CSS website into a custom WordPress theme
- Have a thorough understanding of utilizing PHP to create WordPress websites & themes
- Feel comfortable with the process of turning static websites into dynamic WordPress websites
- Fully understand how to use Custom Post Types and Advanced Custom Fields in WordPress
- Allow your clients to update and manage their websites by themselves by creating user accounts with limited permissions
- Build blazing fast, optimized WordPress themes that are secure and protected from hackers
- Make more income as a freelancer by offering WordPress websites as a service!
Add more value to your toolbelt
Whether you’re a freelance designer, entrepreneur, employee for a company, code hobbyist, or looking for a new career — this course gives you an immensely valuable skill that will enable you to either:
Start a side hustle so you can save up for a vacation, help pay off debt, or to save cash for a rainy day.
Build a full-time business building WordPress websites. Freelancers can offer WordPress services and charge $1,000 – $5,000+ per project.
Creatives & Coders
Whether you’re a graphic designer, web developer, startup entrepreneur, hobbyist or looking to start a new career...
Learning to build custom WordPress websites will not only make you more valuable to the marketplace, but will empower you to build whatever you want on the web!
What we're building
Throughout this entire course, you work towards building an incredibly beautiful WordPress Theme.
We'll start from scratch, then hand code a responsive website with Bootstrap, HTML & CSS. Finally, we'll convert our static templates to WordPress and create a fully functional, customized and beautiful WordPress theme — unlocking new skills that will empower you to become a WordPress Developer!
More than 10 hours of brand new HD video lessons
The course is jam packed with high quality, easy to follow, and fun lessons that walk you through each and every step of becoming a WordPress developer.
- Intro to Bootstrap (0:30)
- Get Your Project Environment Setup (15:21)
- HTML - Code the Nabvbar (19:03)
- HTML - Code the Title Section (8:04)
- HTML - Code the List of Blog Articles (11:54)
- CSS - Style the Navbar & Hero Section (18:25)
- CSS - Style a Tastefully Animated Dropdown and Sub Menu (17:32)
- CSS & JS - Style and Program a Tastefully Animated Dropdown and Sub Menu (34:36)
- CSS - Style the Subscribe Bar (14:29)
- CSS - Style the Footer Section (12:11)
- HTML - Code the Markup for a Single Blog Post (3:36)
- HTML - Code the Markup for our "Widget Headings" (7:35)
- HTML & CSS - Code and Style the Text Card Widgets (10:10)
- HTML & CSS - Code and Style the Call To Action Widget (9:30)
- HTML & CSS - Code and Style a Testimonial Widget (4:14)
- HTML & CSS - Make Sure it Looks Good on Mobile Devices! (9:38)
- HTML, CSS & JS - Validate Your Code! (5:16)
- Intro to WordPress Section (0:38)
- Download Final WordPress Theme Source Code
- Create a Fresh WordPress Install with Local by Flywheel (23:32)
- Create a Dynamic Header, Footer and Index Template (4:14)
- Finalize the Header Template (16:50)
- Create a Dynamic Title Section (20:54)
- Create Content Excerpt and Content None Templates (14:37)
- Dynamic Blog Post Excerpts, Custom Ellipsis and Pagination! (20:27)
- Create a Dynamic Blog Post Template with a Responsive Feature Image (15:23)
- Create a Dynamic Page Template (8:00)
- Create a Super Cute 404 Error Page (6:34)
- Kirki V4: How to Install and Get Started (13:33)
- Kirki V4: Create a Global Footer Section in the WordPress Customizer (6:14)
- Kirki V4: Create a Global Call to Action Widget in the WordPress Customizer (16:31)
- *LEGACY* For Kirki 3 Users Only: How to Migrate to Kirki Version 4 (4:42)
- *LEGACY* Install Kirki V3 & Begin Configuring WordPress Customizer (29:59)
- *LEGACY* Kirki V3: Create a Global Footer with Customizer (13:04)
- *LEGACY* Kirki V3: Create a Global Call to Action Section using Customizer (28:13)
- Intro to Elementor Section (1:32)
- Install Elementor & Setup Global Settings (10:13)
- Build a "Hero Layout" with Elementor (13:04)
- Building Custom Widgets in Elementor (2:05)
- Initialize a Simple Plugin to Create Custom Elementor Widgets (6:12)
- Creating an Extension for Elementor (23:01)
- Code a Custom Button Widget with Elementor (35:52)
- Create the Subscribe Bar with Elementor (5:12)
- Program a Heading Widget in Elementor (18:08)
- Program a Link Widget in Elementor (14:10)
- Clean Up the Home Page Layout (14:50)
- Program a Colourful Text Card Widget in Elementor (15:18)
- Program a Custom Call To Action Card Widget in Elementor (22:13)
- Theme Testing, Bug Fixes & Responsive Styles in Elementor (20:19)
- Adding Pages & Finishing the Theme (5:27)
Hey, I'm Brad Hussey.
And I want to help you start your career as a WordPress developer so you can make a living doing work you love.
A full-time freelance web designer since 2012, I’ve worked with clients from Honolulu to London and beyond. Of the hundreds of websites under my belt, I’ve worked with small local businesses and worked on campaigns for big brands such as Toyota Prius, Burt’s Bees, Bumbo, Showtime’s Homeland and Volkswagen Beetle.
I’ve also built an audience of more than 600,000 web designers, developers, copywriters and coaches by teaching them how to get better at their craft and make a living doing work they love!
I’m excited to announce the newest version of my Bootstrap to WordPress course where I'll walk you through the exact steps to plan and build your very first, beautiful and professional WordPress Theme.
Bootstrap to WordPress 2.0
What people are saying
Brad Hussey has more than 600,000 students across the internet. Here's what just a few have said about taking his courses, tutorials and teaching style.
Enjoying your courses. Especially your style. Coding is mundane, but it’s much more enjoyable with your classes— Anthony DiMoro (@AnthonyDiMoro) April 15, 2021
@bradhussey You Sir, are a legend in the making. 🥷🏾👍🏾— Kenpachi (@edo_vagabond) November 17, 2020
If you’re a web designer, writer, developer or consultant and you want to start freelancing, @bradhussey is your guy >>> https://t.co/jeTtNrzPSX pic.twitter.com/PYVArwd62d— Laurence Bradford (@learncodewithme) April 13, 2021
Woah, you replied— Arjit Sharma (@arjitsharma32) January 18, 2021
I just tried mocking a part of your website https://t.co/vTh6idzs1m .
Btw thank you for such amazing course. @bradhussey. pic.twitter.com/2iPGZed1JP
PHP, with genius @bradhussey— JR Webdesigner (@jr_webdesigner) November 14, 2020
@bradhussey hi Brad, I just finished taking your course on udemy, and o wanna say a very big thank you to you— Fideh YBNL ⚡⚡ (@DeFidelity1) July 13, 2020
“Enjoying your courses. Especially your style. Coding is mundane, but it’s much more enjoyable with your classes”
Anthony Dimoro / Student
I've done my best to answer all of the possible questions you may have, but if you don't see your question here, send me an email at [email protected]
I've never coded anything in my life, is this for me?
Probably not, at least, not yet! We recommend familiarizing yourself with the basics of HTML & CSS before joining this course. We have a great beginner's course here at Code College, and you can join it using this link for 50% off.
Who is this for?
People who are new to building WordPress themes. Anyone who wants to learn how to make beautiful, modern WordPress themes.
How long do I have access?
Is there a refund policy?
Refund anytime before 30 days after purchase.